A List Of Things That I Would Be Embarrassed About If I Had Any Sense*
1. I was very pleased when a Jewel song showed up on my Dar Williams Pandora station just now. I have a similar reaction when I hear Natalie Merchant and Sarah McLachlan songs.
2. I truly, honestly, and simply adore the TV show Smash.
3. When a song by Dave Matthew Band comes on 92.9 FM while I’m cooking I am happy and I sing.
4. I look forward to a new issue of Us Weekly being available for me at the gym. I enjoy reading about the Kardashians. I’m still pretty embarrassed about this one, actually. I’m almost deleting it. But no. You should know the truth. I’m really pulling for Khloe and Lamar’s marriage to work out.
5. I like pop music and folk music. I do not like most of the bands that Pitchfork Media likes. I like Carrie Underwood sometimes.
6. I like merlot, reisling, and rose wines. I’m not talking about Franzia white zinfandel, I mean real versions of these wines. Merlot can be delicious if you’re not drinking it out of a Carlo Rossi jug. Off-dry reislings TASTE AMAZING. I don’t like pinot noir. I SAID IT.
7. I thought Friends With Benefits was a really good movie.
*Or, from another perspective: A List Of Things I Wouldn’t Have Admitted To Five Years Ago, But I Am Secure Enough Now To Not Care